- Progressive businesses actively shape and regulate the working of their business-ecosystems; dramatically improving their own performance in the process.
- Acknowledge realities of business-ecosystems where relativities amongst businesses (both within the sector and across sectors) are increasingly becoming the most significant critical success factor.
VALUE CHAIN IS NOT CONFINED INTO YOUR COMPANY
- Internal and external parts of the value chain are like two sets of wings to fly high, it is increasingly critical to nurture both to succeed.
- Upgrade processes, capabilities and business automation from enterprise-focused to network-focused.
BUSINESS IS NOT A SOLO SPORT
- Interfacing and working with others (customers, distributors, suppliers etc.) is as an integral part of doing business.
- Value chains (and encompassed supply chains) are complex ecosystems with networks of interrelated interdependent businesses, functions and people collaborating with each other to deliver business value.
NO BUSINESS IS AN ISLAND
- Business cannot dwell within its own walls.
- Fate of every business is increasingly linked to that of many other businesses, all of which must connect and collaborate effectively in order for each to thrive.
- More than ever before, success now depends on leveraging capabilities of the overall network.
EVEN THE MOST EFFICIENT SILOS ARE NOT EFFECTIVE
- While the traditional focus is on creating efficient silos within the organization, progressive businesses focus is on strong horizontal processes for internal efficiencies and joint processes for external efficiencies.
DIGITAL HIGHWAYS HAVE REDEFINED THE SPEED LIMITS
- Go slow and get left-behind or get run-over. Response time is one of the top-ranked customer frustrations. Everything seems like a buzzer round. Response time and speed of business are still laggards in this hyper-connected world.
SUPER CLEAN AIR INSIDE WITH POLLUTED AIR OUTSIDE
- Clean home in a dirty neighbourhood in a polluted city remains at risk of infection. Every time a window or door is opened the risk manifests itself into reality.
- Acknowledge and respond to new and emerging realities of business ecosystems.